Translate

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Eighth Army Band Holiday Concert

The Eighth Army Band, as well as the Second Infantry Division Band, participated in the 7th America-Korea Friendship Holiday Concert this past weekend.


The concert was held at the Seoul Arts Center, which is a pretty impressive hall. My seat was in the nose-bleed, 3rd balcony section, which turned out to be a great vantage point.


Rob conducted four pieces on the program: a caroling set and two songs with The Barbarettes. They are a Korean trio, whose influences are 50s and 60s music groups such as The Andrews Sisters, and they sang Sleigh Ride and Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy with the band.



It was an excellent concert all around - I was so glad I was able to get a ticket (long story there). The second half of the concert consisted of the Seong-Nam Philharmonic Orchestra and Soprano Miseon Oh (she was wonderful!). We managed to get everyone together for a photo afterwards.


I ran into Katie, a former student from NY, while I was there - we really do live in a small world!


And I came home with some flowers, courtesy of one of the other band conductors who handed them off to Rob.  The winter cabbage adds a nice touch.  :)


Here's a brief article about the concert: Eighth Army celebrates holidays and partnership at annual concert

If I can find any video clips, I'll post them here at a later date.



No comments:

Post a Comment